How To Manage Your Time Like A Pro!
It seems there is never enough time in the day, but since we all get the same 24 hours, why do some people achieve more with their time than others? The answer lies in good time management.
Good time management enables you to work smarter – not harder – so that you get more done in less time, even when deadlines are tight and pressures are high. Failing to manage your time damages your effectiveness and causes stress. Good time management requires an important shift in focus from activities to results; being busy isn’t the same as being effective.
Here are five ways to manage your time like a pro:
- Establish prioritized goals: establish your priorities by setting yearly, monthly, weekly, and daily goals.
- Follow the 80/20 rule: 80 percent of your results come from only 20 percent of your actions. It’s a way to prioritize your time against your most important goals.
- Learn to Say No: while it’s great to be a team player, it’s also important to know when and how to be assertive. If someone asks for your help, let the person know you can’t handle their request right at that moment.
- Eliminate Electronic Time Wasters: if you find that you are receiving too many emails or text messages, or maybe your distracted by social media, stop checking them so often. Set times and limits to wean yourself off of these distractions.
- Get Organized: in order to effectively manage your time and be productive each day, you have to create the right environment. Start by eliminating clutter, setting up an effective filing system, and utilizing workflow management tools to help you create a productive environment.
You can be in control and accomplish what you want to accomplish—once you’ve come to grips with the time management myth and taken control of your time.